Losing your hair can be extremely upsetting and can often make many people feel self-conscious about their looks. If you are suffering from hair loss, fortunately there are a range of surgical and non-surgical solutions available now that can help.
Two of the most common hair loss solutions are permanent wigs and hair transplant surgery. While both have advantages by helping with hair loss and boosting confidence, there are also disadvantages to consider.
To help you better understand the key differences and work out which one is best for you, take a look at the following guide:
Wigs are hair pieces, either made with synthetic materials or real human hair. Synthetic wigs cannot be styled but will hold their shape, whereas human hair wigs can be styled with a straightener or blow dryer like your own natural hair.
There are several reasons why people choose wigs. They are particularly suitable for patients who are undergoing medical treatments such as chemotherapy.
Advantages of wearing wigs are:
- Instant Results: You don’t have to wait around for a hair treatment to work, wigs can transform your look instantly.
- Limitless Styles: Wigs come in different colours and styles. You can change your hairstyle whenever you like without making a commitment to one look!
- Convenience: Wigs are easy to put on and can be applied when you feel like wearing them.
Disadvantages of wearing wigs are:
- Maintenance and Care: You need to adopt a strict care routine for your wig, especially if you want to keep your wig as natural-looking as possible.
- Damage to Natural Hair: Wig caps can damage your hairline and hinder natural growth.
- Uncomfortable: When worn for a long time, wigs can be uncomfortable. Not only can they feel unpleasantly hot to wear but they can cause headaches, itchiness and even rashes.
- Limits Your Activity: It’s impractical to exercise, swim or sleep in a wig. They can also come off at any time as they’re not secured to your scalp.
Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant surgery is a surgical cosmetic procedure performed under local anaesthetic to treat hair loss. While various techniques are available, all hair transplants involve taking hair follicles from an area of the scalp that is unaffected by hair loss and grafting these onto thinning or balding areas of the scalp.
Advantages of Hair Transplant Surgery are:
- Uses Natural Hair: The procedure uses your natural hair taken out from your scalp. It eventually grows naturally and is the same colour as your original hair.
- Permanent Remedy: Most often hair transplant surgery is a one-time procedure and permanent solution for natural hair growth.
- Low Maintenance: Once your hair begins to grow, there is minimal maintenance as transplanted hair works the same as your natural hair.
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant Surgery:
- Painful: The procedure is very painful and can cause bruising, swelling and headaches.
- Risks & Complications: All surgery comes with a degree of risk. Some of the risks include infection, severe scarring, nerve damage, death of skin grafts or further surgery to treat complications.
- Long Recovery Time: Recovery is not overnight! It can take between 8 to 10 months for a complete recovery.
- Rarely Suitable for Women: Only a small percentage of women are candidates for hair transplant surgery.
Looking for an Alternative?
If you don’t think permanent wigs or hair transplant surgery are right for your lifestyle or circumstances you should consider the CNC System.
The CNC System is a non-surgical, sophisticated hair replacement technique which delivers the best, natural looking results!
It combines 3D printing technology to create a custom hair and scalp prosthesis, using clinical precision, handcrafted materials and the highest quality human hair in the world!
Benefits of the CNC System include:
- Safe & Proven Results: The system is dermatologically tested, safe and proven to work. It is applied with the highest level of hygiene standards and fully protects your natural hair.
- Pain Free: The process is completely painless and individually tailored to your natural hair, colour and style.
- Instant Transformation: The process provides you with instant results.
- Live an Active Lifestyle: It’s water, wind, sweat, sun and sleep proof! You can enjoy the freedom of an active lifestyle, from activities such as swimming to high impact sports.
- Style and Convenience: It can be styled, cut and coloured just like your natural hair!
- Suitable for Men and Women: Both men and women are suitable candidates.
If you would like more information about how the CNC System can transform your lifestyle and look, contact us here. Schedule your no-obligation consultation at CRLab Australia today!